Today is our one year anniversary of living in Brisbane Australia!!! We really can’t believe how fast it has gone. So much has happened in one year! Here’s a list of some of our memories and things we’ve learned along the way:
– I found out you don’t boil sausages
– you can get stuck in a round-a-bout just like the movie National Lampoons European Vacation
– Australians eat A LOT of lamb
– you get breathalized every time you get pulled over. No matter what. I passed for all my smart ass friends out there.
– A 4 foot python slithered across our front yard
– I stopped buying 12oz diet cokes at the grocery check out. $1.00 back home vs $4.50 in oz
-Lola learned how to ride a bike
– I’ve had 4 spiders and 3 lizards in my house
– we’ve had seven visitors in our first year in oz. My mom and dad, Bryce’s mom and friend Ellen, Betty and Jerry Schmidt and lastly Renae!
– I have totally dominated driving on the left hand side of the road
– I’m not attractive on FaceTime
– we’ve been on 6 different holidays (vacations) this past year. Noosa, stradbroke Island, Morton Island, Bribie Island, Twin Waters, Gold Coast.
(I love traveling with my kids…….)
– Bryce and I have made many friends that will be hard to say goodbye too in 4 years
– Kangaroo meat is standard in all grocery stores
– I almost died by cockatoo just walking to the park
– A magpie swooped and hit Bryce in the face. He almost cried.
– we are embracing the terms Aussies use; Kean, reckon, heaps, far out
– Lola needs Dramamine just to drive to the grocery store
– we do not understand vegemite
– Bella started kindergarten; graduated and now is in first grade
– held a koala, pet a kangaroo and ran from water dragons
– 400lb possums doing the hokey pokey on our roof at night, then silence…..Python must of got him
– our kids seeing the ocean for the first time
Needless to say, this opportunity has been amazing! Many more years to come!